Choosing the right day care is crucial for your child’s future. After all you would be looking for a place which not only caters to your child’s every day needs but also provides some form of literary development. This knowledge which your child learns at a day care center would come in handy when they are ready to start kindergarten.
In order to find the right day care make sure you take care of all of the following.
There are quite a few parents who make the mistake of leaving child care till the very last moment. It I wise to start looking for a day care center at least two or three months prior. This is important because there are several factors which you need to know about a child care center in Townsville.
- How long would your child remain at day care? Is it for a few hours or the complete day from 9 to 5?
- Would you like to have a child care center near your home or your work place?
- Is it necessary that you want a private day care or a commercial one would do?
- You would also need to make sure whether the child care is licensed.
Consider at least three places
Don’t know where to start? Simply ask people within your circle. Do you know someone whose child is attending day care? They would be able to help you. You can even check out different day cares in the yellow pages and then have a look at their website.
Make sure to visit the child care centres in Townsville
Once you have shortlisted the child care centres which interest you, it would be start to visit these places. When visiting do consider the following
- The commute from your home or workplace
- How the day care actually works. What kind of meal plans they provide. Do they cater to very young infants? What kind of education plans they have for toddlers?
- Do they have a discipline policy? If yes, how do they try to instill discipline?
- What kind of activities are offered to keep children busy?
- Do they have a schedule for nap time?
- What kind of meals are offered? Are these cooked on site or are catered?
Make sure to ask each of these questions. This would help you evaluate whether you are satisfied with how your child would be handled. Also make sure to take notice of how clean the place actually looks. Does it have open space? Do they have space for outdoor play?
It is always better to ask for references. Also you need to make sure that the child care centre has the license to operate. You actually want to make sure that your child goes to a place which is safe and nurtures them in the best possible way. Just because you see an advertisement in the newspaper doesn’t mean that the place is legit. You need to find that out on your own.