Spending time with the family is usually the top reason for a parent in Kelvin Grove to work at home. With this, would it be rather counter-intuitive for a work-at-home parent to need childcare, Kelvin Grove? Yet, a lot of parents working at home do opt for paying extra for childcare. However, it must be noted that the financial circumstances of parents and children’s needs are the best measurement to accommodate the kind of childcare choice. Be that as it may, the best care and education for children is the common ground families share. Childcare is certainly needed whether you’re working at an office or home. The only variation is the kind of childcare provider suitable for the current needs of your young children.
Spending time with the family is usually the top reason for a parent in Kelvin Grove to work at home. With this, would it be rather counter-intuitive for a work-at-home parent to need childcare,...
Leaving your children to someone else’s custody is hard. Unfortunately, there are parents in Rosebery that are left without a choice but to do so. Lucky to those who have family members who can...
Buying the right stuff from an art supply stores is essential. However, for someone who is venturing into the store for the first time, things can get overwhelming pretty quick. There is just so...
You May Also Like
Latest Educational News & Updates
Leaving your children to someone else’s custody is hard. Unfortunately, there are parents in Rosebery that are left without a choice but to do so. Lucky to those who have family members who can look after their children while they are working or doing other important chores, but to those who have none, the only option they have left is child care. There are many child care facilities in Rosebery, where parents can leave their children with ease. It takes time, though before finally deciding which facility to leave your child. Deciding in a rush will never give you and your baby any good.
Factors to consider when leaving children to a child careIf you are not sure yet on where to start, below are some few tips you can consider when looking for child care Rosebery:
1. Look downDo not just look around, look down, as that is where you can find most answers to your questions. Are the caregivers on the floor playing with the children? Are they carrying one child on their lap? While children are young, they need loving, interactive, close relationships with adults for them to thrive. Hence, it is only necessary that their first caregivers are responsible and warm. You may also want to check on the ratio of children to caregivers. Are there enough caregivers to take care of the children? It is not necessary that the ratio is 1:1, but at least the number of caregivers must be enough to give every child the attention they need.
2. Ask for an agreement or contractIf the caregiver you will hire will stay in your home, it is best if you ask them for an agreement or contract that they will stay with you for at least a year. Changing the caregiver from time to time is not the most ideal as it requires your child to adjust every time. Meanwhile, if you are leaving your children to daycare, it is best to ask how long their caregivers are working with them and the turnaround time of their employees.
3. Ask for their policyAsking the child care’s policy is important. How do they discipline children? Do they let caregivers scold at the children or do they follow time-out? Are children allowed to watch television while on the premises? If so, how long are they allowed, what kind of shows do they let children watch? Also, ask for their feeding policy. What kind of food they serve children, the intervals of meals, and so on. Another thing to know is their back up plan if the daycare provider or live-in home caregiver is not available to work. Asking as many relevant questions as possible can help you decide which child care centre to leave your children.
- Make sure to keep an open communication
Children aged 2 to 5 years usually need special care when away from parents. Here is where preschools are vital. The primary role of a preschool is to help your child acquire critical social skills and related skills. Preschools are essential for all categories of children. Still, they are an excellent option for improving the lives of children from disadvantaged groups as it helps the children to achieve healthy development. A preschool should provide a fun, warm, and friendly learning environment. Burwood preschool offers child-friendly activities based on a child’s individual needs. Additionally, the school considers the interest of the child in both indoors and outdoors environments. The school achieves this easily through implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage. Taking your child comes with numerous benefits, including:
Active learningThe best way to teach children is by allowing them to practice. Young kids learn easily when they do or experience something. They discover as they play. This is active learning, and it defines the fundamental nature of a program of any preschool. Simply put, active learning means that your child will spend a lot of time reading, dancing, exploring the natural world, arts and crafts, and outdoor play. All these come in variations to prevent boredom. These features not only build a strong foundation but also, activities like playing create curiosity, imparts problem-solving skills, and teaches empathy. Still, active learning imparts a wide range of pre-academic skills like excellent motor skills, counting, coordination and recognising colours and shapes.
A comforting environmentTo many children, a preschool is the first place away from home and parents. It can be traumatising for them if they do not experience the love and care that they usually receive from their parents. Burwood preschools offers a warm environment for children. Teachers freely interact with the children, and they tend to the specific needs of each one of them. The requirements of children vary. Thus, offering individual attention is important. Moreover, teachers create engaging fun and above all, safe for the children.
Child-Friendly FacilitiesSince your child will be spending the entire day at the preschool, it is logical that the place should be safe. Also, the facilities should be engaging enough for your child to learn essential life skills. Teaching modes are changing, thanks to the advancing technology. Up to date facilities, mean that your child learns using the latest technology and methods. Preschools in Burwood ensures that facilities are updated regularly, and the teachers are well-trained to handle the facilities and the children well. Such measures eliminate the incidents of accidents occurring. The classroom environment is very crucial for the growth of your child. That is why in the Burwood preschools, all classes are full of new resources – screens, tools, gadgets, etc. Best of all, these resources are used judiciously. On the other hand, wouldn’t you want an outdoor that offers your kid an opportunity to wow about the natural world? Look, gardens filled with various plants, and different kinds of animals, undoubtedly will make your child fall in love with nature. Thus, improving brain function.
Dedicated teachersThe survival and reputation of an excellent preschool depends on teachers. A group of passionate teachers and administrators effectively run the programs of a school. The teachers usually speak respectfully to both the parents and the children. Furthermore, teachers go an extra mile to ensure that your child remains healthy, safe and happy. You need a lot of research and patience to find the right Burwood pre school. Make the right choice because it will have a huge impact on your child’s future.
Buying the right stuff from an art supply stores is essential. However, for someone who is venturing into the store for the first time, things can get overwhelming pretty quick. There is just so much equipment and so many types of paints that anyone would get confused. Also it’s important to buy art supplies which fall within your budget. This by no means is an incentive to go and splurge on bargain buy products but when one is just starting, they have to keep a budget in mind. Consider all the things which you buy from art supply stores in Melbourne an investment. These are the supplies which you would be using for a long time. For example things like easels and watercolor palettes are all used by artists whenever they paint. Also colors when used carefully can last for the longest time. It all depends on how you mix the colors and store them after use. Proper handling of the art equipment and paints would ensure the longevity of the products. The following is a basic guide to buying your very first art supplies:
Oil paintsOil paints come in a vast variety of colors. These tend to be highly pigmented. The vivid imagery which you can achieve with oil paints is hardly rivalled by any other paint type or medium. It is important to choose high quality art paints if you actually want a good result. While there are many cheap imitations out there one must make sure that the buy high quality stuff. You can create your own colors too by choosing a few basic paint colors. With the right experience most artists can create tertiary colors easily by mixing the primary colors that they have in their collection.
Brush setsChoosing the first set of brushes is an important decision. There are quite a few manufacturers out there and one might feel confused whom they could trust. The best thing to do is to purchase a pre-selected brush set. You can ask for information from your teacher or other friends who are already established painters or those who have enough experience.
Buying a studio easelDifferent types of easels are sued for a verity of purposes. But as an artist who is just starting it is important to choose one which would help make things easier for you. Portable easels are the best type. You can carry those around wherever you go. Also these are collapsible and fit into limited space with ease.
Acrylic paintsAcrylic paints are quite popular with artists. These are easy to use and are fun to experiment with. The drying tie of acrylics is also much faster than that of oil paints. For beginner acrylic paints can be a good medium to start with. Buying the right art supplies is something which normally comes with trial and error for most people. However the right tips can help you make the right decision with ease. MES is an art supply store in Melbourne that provides reasonably priced but good quality supplies.
Getting an ISO 9001 can do wonders for your business. It doesn’t matter whether the business you own is big or small, getting the accreditation is all that matters. However, most companies are concerned about the proper way of receiving the certificate without a great deal of hassle. The following steps would make the process of securing the accreditation much simpler:
Making the necessary preparationThe first major step is to make all the preparations which would help your businesses secure an accreditation. This step should be considered the foundation of the certification process. This preparation would have a lasting impact and ensure success in the venture. It’s important to implement a quality management system which complies with the ISO 9001 standards. The next step is to have this system evaluated by an auditor. It should be noted that ISO accreditation is not something which organizations can join. Rather these are a set of standards which should be achieved by businesses. You have got to make sure that the management system for your business matches the standards set by the ISO. In order to this you should download an example template and then compare it with your own management system. The next step is to ensure that you have read the standard carefully. The first three standards comprise of a set of goals which should be set by organizations. There is also a reference for all of the ISO terms which would make it easier for a business owner to understand everything. According to ISO standards a quality management system actually refers to what quality means to your business. In other words it’s all the procedures carried out by a company to ensure that their organization is working well and is providing quality services to clients. While it’s true that a company can’t solely rely on their QMS to secure the accreditation, it still plays a major part in the complete process. The key is the proper documentation and seeking ways for improving a business. Usual models of a quality management system are based upon the principle of planning, doing, checking and acting upon it.
Aspects of a quality management system
- Planning is the first step to a great quality management system. It’s a simple step which involves going through everything which the company considers important. It should be seen how the business sees quality and how they make the amends to implement that concept if quality. Documenting all these properly would have a positive impact during an audit and make the process of securing an accreditation much easier.
- The next step is implementing all that planning by making it doable. Take all the planning and apply it accordingly.it is necessary to document all these processes as well.
- The next step is t make a check by tracking and analyzing all those processes and demonstrating results for the auditor to see
- The act phase comprises of acting out on any problems which are found during the checking stage.
A good preschool can help your children excel in their future. These days the curriculum taught at preschools not only aims to develop the child’s mental abilities but also help sharpen their social and emotional intelligence. The following are a few reasons why you should opt for a good Darwin preschool for your child.
- Preschool provides your child with a foundation of learning which would help them grow to be better individuals. Preschool offers children an opportunity to learn in a structured environment. The transition from a play school to a preschool would help the child understand the basics of learning in a place where they would use all of their learning faculties.
- When the focus shifts towards academics parents want to send their children to a preschool which would help them develop academically. At a quality preschool you wouldn’t have to be worried about your child learning basic math and English skills. They would definitely learn that but along the way they would be provided ample time to play and learn things at their own pace as well. It’s not just about academics but different activities which can come in quite handy. The activities at a preschool are in sync with the child’s cognitive and physical abilities.
- At a preschool children also undergo emotional and social development. Children need to have the concept of being taken care of from a young age. When they receive the attention of their teachers and are taught in a loving manner, they are better able to understand key concepts. There is no pressure on children at a preschool. No doubt that the learning is structured but there is also a focus on helping the child learn in a way which is beneficial for them. This nurtures their emotional wellbeing and turns them into understanding individuals. Children learn to care for their peers. They understand the importance of showing warmth and respect when required. All these things they learn at preschool without any pressure.
- Preschool provided children with a consistent routine. This helps them develop skills to manage time and make sure they do their work when required. This habit of doing things in a timely manner like going to bed on time, waking up at a required time and being at preschool helps them develop a routine which would come in useful as they progress towards elementary schools. It’s a known fact that children who manage their time well excel in academics as well.
- Children realize that they have a choice when it comes to making a decision. Children are taught to choose between different activities. Some children might prefer building blocks while others would choose to go for pretend play. Each of these have their own set of benefits. The activity tie allows children to make choices which help shape them into individuals they would become in the future.
One of the best jobs the world can offer to qualified applicants is being a meth tester. This has sprung from intelligence reports that some real estate properties are being used as a drug den, and a haven to drug use and abuse by transient tenants or renters, who take advantage of operating secretly behind closed doors. The government and other authorities cannot catch all the harmful elements in society because of their clandestine operations. Unknown to the offenders, there is an ultimate way of tracing the substance utilising actual meth testing and decontamination. This brings us to the idea that someone could earn a decent living through meth testing. Here a few good reasons why you should consider this career in the near future:
Comprehensive training is in store for those who are sincere enough to shift careersTraining and actual demonstration teachings are facilitated by the best companies all over the world including Australia and its neighbouring towns or cities like Melbourne and Sydney. You are assured to a good grasp of the best practices they have implemented in their years of successful operation. the most beneficial meth testing training course will leave no stone unturned since even the most confidential of all matters are laid down before your very eyes Everything you need to know about the substance in question will be thoroughly be explained to you, in such a way that you will understand the kind of job you are about to do. Apart from that, you will also know what happens in the secret laboratory when meth testers would like to come up with a finding or conclusion that would benefit everyone and the world.
Preparing you to be the best of both worldsIf one has to decide to explore the world of law enforcement, so be it. If you also choose to keep a low profile by just becoming one of the country’s top meth tester, then do what you can to be happy with your chosen path.
Training you to be an exceptional property inspector is an honourWhile you are still under training, you can’t help but think about being a person in authority. People will look at you with pride, as you walk by retail stores, including the living room where there’s a potential or positive meth contamination.
Learning the craft of identifying between what’s true or fake methYour skill in scrutinising objects around your sight makes you like a good detective in the movies. Intelligence doesn’t mean everything, the character does. Using your sound judgement makes the job easier to perform and would undoubtedly yield excellent results. Taking a practical written test does not only measure what you know already but also what you’ve got from the training This is your chance during the training to prove your worth for the job. A satisfactory score speaks a lot about what you can do and what you are about to do as a future meth tester.
Communicate what you want to expressIf you have doubts or questions about the training, feel free to raise your hand and ask one of the trainers or facilitators. They will surely be glad to answer all your questions regarding the pros and cons of the job.
Finally, express yourself in the best writing possibleAlong with property inspection, gathering samples and decontaminating real estate properties, it is your job to write property inspection reports, incident reports, evaluation forms and final reports needed to evaluate not only your performance but also as a way of understanding the job better.
Day-care must be spaces where children’s cognitive, motor, and psychological skills are developed, without accidents taking place due to lack of foresight. A safe centre for Early Childhood students must meet 10 requirements. First of all, there is a golden rule so that a day-care can be classified as a safe school. On this norm, the first point of the list, the remaining nine points are sustained.
Security zoneThis is the space between the floor and the 1.20 m height of the entire installation and the accesses (including the transit area and the area of usual use). In this space there should not be dangerous elements accessible to children or that may cause physical or psychological damage.
AccessThe delimitation of the centre and access control must preserve the safety of minors and protect them from strangers and elements that may cause an accident (scalable fences, etc.).
General facilitiesThe following aspects must be taken into account, already in the projection and construction of the childcare centre in Hervey Bay:
- Floors: they have to be slightly soft. According to the needs that the activities require, in each space the level of buffering of these will be increased.
- Doors: depending on the space to which they are derived, they must be inaccessible for children (kitchen, cleaning, etc.) or accessible (child transit area). Keep in mind that children can injure some of their extremities with the door or, if they have glasses, they can be injured or cut in case of breakage.
- Windows: must be inaccessible to child manipulation. Not only must they not be able to open them, but equipment must be avoided to facilitate climbing.
- Stairs and unevenness: all the unevenness in the child transit area must be safe for children. The rest of them must be inaccessible to the small students.
- Plugs: those that are not located above the safety zone, must have child protections. In no case can they be accessible to minors, as well as electronic devices and their cables, which must be located above that area.
Specific facilitiesThe care and activity spaces must be fully accessible and connected to each other. The following characteristics must be taken into account:
- Visual: meeting a basic need in particular should not imply the loss of visual contact with the group in general.
- Specific: there must be differentiated and adapted spaces for each specific assistance and for each programmed activity.
- Multi-purpose: the spaces must be prepared to welcome children of different levels and with different needs.
EmergenciesAlthough it is mandatory, there are many schools that lack a Self-Protection Plan. This must have the involvement of all the staff of the centre and must be designed under the precepts of possible emergencies, always depending on the characteristics of the children.
Public wayThe school environment must be also adapt to the needs of the children and their families. These public spaces must have signals that inform drivers that they are in a place frequented by minors and act accordingly.
EquipmentThe elements that make up a nursery school, whatever its usefulness, must be specific for the development of its function, be adapted to the skills and abilities of children, as well as their anthropometric measures, and comply with current regulations.
Most parent would think twice before sending their children to boarding school. Just because you would choose a boarding school for your child isn’t any indication that you are shipping the children off or getting rid of them. This is a mere impression mainly casted by stories or by movie which depict only troublesome kids being sent off to a boarding school. This is not entirely true and definitely not the norm either. There are in fact, several advantages of sending your child to boarding school. Some of these include the following:
Boarding schools have the best teaching staffThis is because the teachers at boarding school are fully committed to helping all children excel in academics. They are stalwarts in their chosen field and have been teaching for decades. This give them a profound love for their work. They try to impart knowledge in such a way that children not only learn but in fact excel at the subject.
Wonderful sports facilitiesBoarding schools are built over acres of land. This is why the huge and open spaces allow for bigger sports fields and arenas where students can practice equestrian sports like polo and high jumping. They can improve their swimming game or run their way through the football field. Boarding schools offer some of the best sports facilities and can instil in your child a love for all things adventurous.
Interesting arts programs and facilitiesAt a boarding school, you can expect to have the best arts and crafts facilities. Children who love literature can indulge in their love for theatre. Since boarding schools have ample after school hours, children can spend their time indulging in learning the arts of acting, singing, playing a musical instrument and a great deal more. Instead of simply wasting their time, children are encouraged to choose a discipline which interests them. This results in many hours of enjoyable learning and instills a cultured attitude in children who attend the boarding school.
State of the art learning environmentAt a boarding school the environment is much more structured. Everything happens according to a schedule. Students go to sleep and wake up at a particular time. Breakfast is served on a set time and the same goes for lunch and dinner. This structured approach to life prepares students for a more disciplined life which they would lead as adults. The mere idea of having a structured routine en when it comes to basic learning can instil a sense of responsibility in students at an early age. There are several benefits of sending your child to a boarding school. What actually matters is the good values which would instilled in your child from the very beginning. Students who pass from the school have a profound sense of purpose. They know that they have an aim and purpose and they would make sure that they excel in academics and in all future endeavours.
Children play according to their cognitive abilities. Children can indulge in constructive play, functional play, fantasy play and games with rules. It all goes hand in hand with the child’s physical and cognitive development. Play is an important part of any preschoolers learning. Through play children can learn a variety of things. The first and foremost they learn social skills. They realise that they work better as a team and so they start understanding the concept of sharing and working together. This is a habit which comes in handy as they grow older and enter school. The following are some of the playing a child might indulge in when attending day care in Coorparoo.
- Functional play involves games like running, jumping, sliding and gathering. It normally incorporates the use of different parts of the body. In a preschool children are also taught grouping and stacking which are parts of functional play and normally comes under games which don’t involve any rules. This is the first stage of play and one in which a child would indulge with or without adult encouragement.
- Constructive play. This involves making objects with Legos and blocks. Children also make use of sand, slime and modelling clay to shape different objects out of the material provided to them. Such kind of play help develop a child’s creativity.
- Role-playing. This is the make believe side of the play where a child is provided a variety of props which they use and dress up as their favourite characters. Again this is the kind of play which encourages creativity and also helps improve linguistic skills in children.
- A unit and some building blocks
- An area for woodwork or other handy material
- Different puzzles according to the a child’s ability and age
- Food cartons and empty food boxes of different shapes and sizes
- Pieces of wood and other raw materials. Make sure all these items are softened and all sharp edges re removed
- Seas shells
- Play dough, slime and magic sand which encourage the child to design and shape different things from scratch
- Paints, easels, brushes, crayons and colour pencils along with old newspapers which the children can paint on.
Each child deals differently with separation anxiety. While few might experience it for just the first two or three days there are few children who might take a bit longer to adjust at their new school and become used to their kindergarten class. In order to reduce any sort of separation anxiety in your child, you as a parent should always be well prepared. When a child is about to enter kindergarten, it’s not just the children who are suffering but parent suffer too. It’s certainly not the best feeling in the world when your child is sobbing and not letting you out of their sight. There are several question in all parents mind when they deal with their child’s separation anxiety. The first thing which should assure you as a parent is that all children go through some degree of separation anxiety. It’s a sign of an attachment and bond which your child shares with you. Something which should worry you a great deal. All children create a fuss during a time of transition. As a parent it’s up to you to maintain your cool and help make this transition easy on your child. If you are happy and relaxed you would end the same vibes to your child and you would see them making an effort as well. The following are a few ways which would help reduce separation anxiety before your child starts kindergarten or preschool in Brookvale.
- Keep those goodbyes as short as possible. This way you can just make sure that your child knows you would be there at the time they are ready to come back home in the afternoon.
- Try to be consistent in your dropping and pick up times. Children are sensitive if you are late by habit they might take longer to adjust. Make sure you pick them up on time to reduce their anxiety.
- Make sure to give your child the right attention before you drop them off. Don’t be too stressed or hassled. Your child would pick up on those vibes.
- Be specific with your child. Tell them you would be there in time. If possible tell them a time when they can expect to see you. This helps the child understand that the separation I only for a while and they are bound to get back with you soon.
- You can start by practicing some separation techniques before-hand. This could mean leaving the kids with the grandparents or a friend. Keep the timings short and always get back on the time you promised. Avoid delays. This way your child would feel less anxious and take to separation much easier.
Choosing the right day care is crucial for your child’s future. After all you would be looking for a place which not only caters to your child’s every day needs but also provides some form of literary development. This knowledge which your child learns at a day care center would come in handy when they are ready to start kindergarten. In order to find the right day care make sure you take care of all of the following.
Start earlyThere are quite a few parents who make the mistake of leaving child care till the very last moment. It I wise to start looking for a day care center at least two or three months prior. This is important because there are several factors which you need to know about a child care center in Townsville.
- How long would your child remain at day care? Is it for a few hours or the complete day from 9 to 5?
- Would you like to have a child care center near your home or your work place?
- Is it necessary that you want a private day care or a commercial one would do?
- You would also need to make sure whether the child care is licensed.
Consider at least three placesDon’t know where to start? Simply ask people within your circle. Do you know someone whose child is attending day care? They would be able to help you. You can even check out different day cares in the yellow pages and then have a look at their website.
Make sure to visit the child care centres in TownsvilleOnce you have shortlisted the child care centres which interest you, it would be start to visit these places. When visiting do consider the following
- The commute from your home or workplace
- How the day care actually works. What kind of meal plans they provide. Do they cater to very young infants? What kind of education plans they have for toddlers?
- Do they have a discipline policy? If yes, how do they try to instill discipline?
- What kind of activities are offered to keep children busy?
- Do they have a schedule for nap time?
- What kind of meals are offered? Are these cooked on site or are catered?
When it comes to home safety, everyone in your family, especially the kids must be aware of different aspects of it. Children are naive, but it’s your responsibility to make them aware of these home safety rules which they need to follow. You don’t want any panic to be generated in the occurrence of any untoward situations. We have listed a few tips that you should educate your children about. Not open the door for strangers: You cannot do anything to help your child and keep your home safe if your kid opens doors to strangers. Have a proper talk with your child and make him aware of the dangers of letting strangers in your home. And strictly warn them not to entertain them in any case. Safety from electronic gadgets and devices: Turning off the switches, the geysers and other gadgets in your home should be done by kids under your supervision so that, they manage it well in your absence. Make them aware of all the essentials to keep themselves from safe from electrocution and burns. Location of emergency contact numbers: You did your responsibility of putting down all the probable numbers you may need if an emergency arises. But make sure you place it in an easily accessible place and make it known to your children too. Locking the door properly when leaving home: You must train your kids properly and demonstrate how the doors of your home have to be secured. Show them and then ask them to do it in front of you, so that you are sure they know it well. Access to the first aid kit: Only access is not enough; your kid should know how basic first aid should be administered. In case of injuries in your absence, you can at least be sure your child can handle the situation till you hurry home. Make them aware of how the fire alarm works: Create a mock drill and make sure your kids know how the fire alarm beeps in case there is fire. Also, teach them which route to use to escape in case of emergency. Safety in case of pets: Your pets may be very affectionate, but certain things such a pulling their ears or tail or disturbing them while they have their food can annoy them. Teach your kid how to be gentle with pets and keep away from them when they show signs of agitation. Water safety: As much as possible, don’t leave your kids alone when they’re in anything full of water, whether its a bathtub or a pool. But in your absence, make sure your child knows he has not to venture into any water body without any elder person to supervise him. While it’s not possible to avoid all the untoward situations, you can always take precautions to minimise damage caused. Teach your kids the right tips and keep them safe!
Enrolling your kid into a school is a significant milestone in yours as well as your child’s life. Though we know that this is going to happen someday, we’re not quite prepared for it when the day really comes. You were used to having your child around at home, and now he or she will spend more time in school. It’s a transitional phase, and both parents and children have to be prepared for it in a way that both enjoy this new phase which they’re embarking upon. There are a few things which you, as parents need to keep in mind before sending your child to school: Make your child used to stay away from you: It’s school, and your child won’t be sent back home just because he gets all cranky and is unable to adjust to the new surroundings. Try to get your child out of his comfort zone and get him to mingle with children and other people too. This way, he will already get accustomed to adjusting to new surroundings and will have a smooth journey once he enters school. Educate your child about good and bad touch: While no one should encounter this horror, you need to keep your child prepared against all kinds of predators. Make your kid aware about the difference between good and bad touch and also to raise the alarm if something untoward happens. Listen to your child: Once into school, your child will have a lot of things to share. Things he learnt, the little fights he had, the scolding from his teacher, the pats on the back et al. You should give a listening ear to everything your kid says and be patient. Encourage them to recover from their mistakes and not repeat them. Also, praise your child and make sure he knows you are proud of him. You are your child’s role model: If you want your child to sleep early, wake up early and not waste his time on gadgets, you need to start following these things yourself. Your child looks up to you and will follow everything that you do. You may not realise this, but even your small actions have a lot of influence on your child. So if you want him to imbibe a particular habit, you have to inculcate it first. Be prepared to spare time for school activities: You need to know that once your child enters school, there will be a lot of events where your presence is essential. So make sure you spare some time to attend these events, no matter how busy your schedule is. It makes your child feel valued and secured. Teach your child basic manners: No matter how small, every person should be habituated to the usage of the Magic words. Bring it to your child’s notice every time he forgets to use them. Also, give them a proper restroom training and teach them how to ask every time they need to visit the restroom. Make it a point to show your child how to use the handkerchief. And get them used to eat on their own. It’s a roller-coaster journey that your child and you as his parents are setting upon. There will be a lot of ups and downs, but all you have to ensure is that your child has your back in every situation!