One of the best jobs the world can offer to qualified applicants is being a meth tester. This has sprung from intelligence reports that some real estate properties are being used as a drug den, and a haven to drug use and abuse by transient tenants or renters, who take advantage of operating secretly behind closed doors. The government and other authorities cannot catch all the harmful elements in society because of their clandestine operations. Unknown to the offenders, there is an ultimate way of tracing the substance utilising actual meth testing and decontamination. This brings us to the idea that someone could earn a decent living through meth testing. Here a few good reasons why you should consider this career in the near future:
Latest Educational News & Updates
Day-care must be spaces where children’s cognitive, motor, and psychological skills are developed, without accidents taking place due to lack of foresight. A safe centre for Early Childhood students must meet 10 requirements. First of all, there is a golden rule so that a day-care can be classified as a safe school. On this norm, the first point of the list, the remaining nine points are sustained.
Security zoneThis is the space between the floor and the 1.20 m height of the entire installation and the accesses (including the transit area and the area of usual use). In this space there should not be dangerous elements accessible to children or that may cause physical or psychological damage.
AccessThe delimitation of the centre and access control must preserve the safety of minors and protect them from strangers and elements that may cause an accident (scalable fences, etc.).
General facilitiesThe following aspects must be taken into account, already in the projection and construction of the childcare centre in Hervey Bay:
- Floors: they have to be slightly soft. According to the needs that the activities require, in each space the level of buffering of these will be increased.
- Doors: depending on the space to which they are derived, they must be inaccessible for children (kitchen, cleaning, etc.) or accessible (child transit area). Keep in mind that children can injure some of their extremities with the door or, if they have glasses, they can be injured or cut in case of breakage.
- Windows: must be inaccessible to child manipulation. Not only must they not be able to open them, but equipment must be avoided to facilitate climbing.
- Stairs and unevenness: all the unevenness in the child transit area must be safe for children. The rest of them must be inaccessible to the small students.
- Plugs: those that are not located above the safety zone, must have child protections. In no case can they be accessible to minors, as well as electronic devices and their cables, which must be located above that area.
Specific facilitiesThe care and activity spaces must be fully accessible and connected to each other. The following characteristics must be taken into account:
- Visual: meeting a basic need in particular should not imply the loss of visual contact with the group in general.
- Specific: there must be differentiated and adapted spaces for each specific assistance and for each programmed activity.
- Multi-purpose: the spaces must be prepared to welcome children of different levels and with different needs.
EmergenciesAlthough it is mandatory, there are many schools that lack a Self-Protection Plan. This must have the involvement of all the staff of the centre and must be designed under the precepts of possible emergencies, always depending on the characteristics of the children.
Public wayThe school environment must be also adapt to the needs of the children and their families. These public spaces must have signals that inform drivers that they are in a place frequented by minors and act accordingly.
EquipmentThe elements that make up a nursery school, whatever its usefulness, must be specific for the development of its function, be adapted to the skills and abilities of children, as well as their anthropometric measures, and comply with current regulations.
Most parent would think twice before sending their children to boarding school. Just because you would choose a boarding school for your child isn’t any indication that you are shipping the children off or getting rid of them. This is a mere impression mainly casted by stories or by movie which depict only troublesome kids being sent off to a boarding school. This is not entirely true and definitely not the norm either. There are in fact, several advantages of sending your child to boarding school. Some of these include the following:
Boarding schools have the best teaching staffThis is because the teachers at boarding school are fully committed to helping all children excel in academics. They are stalwarts in their chosen field and have been teaching for decades. This give them a profound love for their work. They try to impart knowledge in such a way that children not only learn but in fact excel at the subject.
Wonderful sports facilitiesBoarding schools are built over acres of land. This is why the huge and open spaces allow for bigger sports fields and arenas where students can practice equestrian sports like polo and high jumping. They can improve their swimming game or run their way through the football field. Boarding schools offer some of the best sports facilities and can instil in your child a love for all things adventurous.
Interesting arts programs and facilitiesAt a boarding school, you can expect to have the best arts and crafts facilities. Children who love literature can indulge in their love for theatre. Since boarding schools have ample after school hours, children can spend their time indulging in learning the arts of acting, singing, playing a musical instrument and a great deal more. Instead of simply wasting their time, children are encouraged to choose a discipline which interests them. This results in many hours of enjoyable learning and instills a cultured attitude in children who attend the boarding school.
State of the art learning environmentAt a boarding school the environment is much more structured. Everything happens according to a schedule. Students go to sleep and wake up at a particular time. Breakfast is served on a set time and the same goes for lunch and dinner. This structured approach to life prepares students for a more disciplined life which they would lead as adults. The mere idea of having a structured routine en when it comes to basic learning can instil a sense of responsibility in students at an early age. There are several benefits of sending your child to a boarding school. What actually matters is the good values which would instilled in your child from the very beginning. Students who pass from the school have a profound sense of purpose. They know that they have an aim and purpose and they would make sure that they excel in academics and in all future endeavours.
Children play according to their cognitive abilities. Children can indulge in constructive play, functional play, fantasy play and games with rules. It all goes hand in hand with the child’s physical and cognitive development. Play is an important part of any preschoolers learning. Through play children can learn a variety of things. The first and foremost they learn social skills. They realise that they work better as a team and so they start understanding the concept of sharing and working together. This is a habit which comes in handy as they grow older and enter school. The following are some of the playing a child might indulge in when attending day care in Coorparoo.
- Functional play involves games like running, jumping, sliding and gathering. It normally incorporates the use of different parts of the body. In a preschool children are also taught grouping and stacking which are parts of functional play and normally comes under games which don’t involve any rules. This is the first stage of play and one in which a child would indulge with or without adult encouragement.
- Constructive play. This involves making objects with Legos and blocks. Children also make use of sand, slime and modelling clay to shape different objects out of the material provided to them. Such kind of play help develop a child’s creativity.
- Role-playing. This is the make believe side of the play where a child is provided a variety of props which they use and dress up as their favourite characters. Again this is the kind of play which encourages creativity and also helps improve linguistic skills in children.
- A unit and some building blocks
- An area for woodwork or other handy material
- Different puzzles according to the a child’s ability and age
- Food cartons and empty food boxes of different shapes and sizes
- Pieces of wood and other raw materials. Make sure all these items are softened and all sharp edges re removed
- Seas shells
- Play dough, slime and magic sand which encourage the child to design and shape different things from scratch
- Paints, easels, brushes, crayons and colour pencils along with old newspapers which the children can paint on.
Each child deals differently with separation anxiety. While few might experience it for just the first two or three days there are few children who might take a bit longer to adjust at their new school and become used to their kindergarten class. In order to reduce any sort of separation anxiety in your child, you as a parent should always be well prepared. When a child is about to enter kindergarten, it’s not just the children who are suffering but parent suffer too. It’s certainly not the best feeling in the world when your child is sobbing and not letting you out of their sight. There are several question in all parents mind when they deal with their child’s separation anxiety. The first thing which should assure you as a parent is that all children go through some degree of separation anxiety. It’s a sign of an attachment and bond which your child shares with you. Something which should worry you a great deal. All children create a fuss during a time of transition. As a parent it’s up to you to maintain your cool and help make this transition easy on your child. If you are happy and relaxed you would end the same vibes to your child and you would see them making an effort as well. The following are a few ways which would help reduce separation anxiety before your child starts kindergarten or preschool in Brookvale.
- Keep those goodbyes as short as possible. This way you can just make sure that your child knows you would be there at the time they are ready to come back home in the afternoon.
- Try to be consistent in your dropping and pick up times. Children are sensitive if you are late by habit they might take longer to adjust. Make sure you pick them up on time to reduce their anxiety.
- Make sure to give your child the right attention before you drop them off. Don’t be too stressed or hassled. Your child would pick up on those vibes.
- Be specific with your child. Tell them you would be there in time. If possible tell them a time when they can expect to see you. This helps the child understand that the separation I only for a while and they are bound to get back with you soon.
- You can start by practicing some separation techniques before-hand. This could mean leaving the kids with the grandparents or a friend. Keep the timings short and always get back on the time you promised. Avoid delays. This way your child would feel less anxious and take to separation much easier.
Choosing the right day care is crucial for your child’s future. After all you would be looking for a place which not only caters to your child’s every day needs but also provides some form of literary development. This knowledge which your child learns at a day care center would come in handy when they are ready to start kindergarten. In order to find the right day care make sure you take care of all of the following.
Start earlyThere are quite a few parents who make the mistake of leaving child care till the very last moment. It I wise to start looking for a day care center at least two or three months prior. This is important because there are several factors which you need to know about a child care center in Townsville.
- How long would your child remain at day care? Is it for a few hours or the complete day from 9 to 5?
- Would you like to have a child care center near your home or your work place?
- Is it necessary that you want a private day care or a commercial one would do?
- You would also need to make sure whether the child care is licensed.
Consider at least three placesDon’t know where to start? Simply ask people within your circle. Do you know someone whose child is attending day care? They would be able to help you. You can even check out different day cares in the yellow pages and then have a look at their website.
Make sure to visit the child care centres in TownsvilleOnce you have shortlisted the child care centres which interest you, it would be start to visit these places. When visiting do consider the following
- The commute from your home or workplace
- How the day care actually works. What kind of meal plans they provide. Do they cater to very young infants? What kind of education plans they have for toddlers?
- Do they have a discipline policy? If yes, how do they try to instill discipline?
- What kind of activities are offered to keep children busy?
- Do they have a schedule for nap time?
- What kind of meals are offered? Are these cooked on site or are catered?
When it comes to home safety, everyone in your family, especially the kids must be aware of different aspects of it. Children are naive, but it’s your responsibility to make them aware of these home safety rules which they need to follow. You don’t want any panic to be generated in the occurrence of any untoward situations. We have listed a few tips that you should educate your children about. Not open the door for strangers: You cannot do anything to help your child and keep your home safe if your kid opens doors to strangers. Have a proper talk with your child and make him aware of the dangers of letting strangers in your home. And strictly warn them not to entertain them in any case. Safety from electronic gadgets and devices: Turning off the switches, the geysers and other gadgets in your home should be done by kids under your supervision so that, they manage it well in your absence. Make them aware of all the essentials to keep themselves from safe from electrocution and burns. Location of emergency contact numbers: You did your responsibility of putting down all the probable numbers you may need if an emergency arises. But make sure you place it in an easily accessible place and make it known to your children too. Locking the door properly when leaving home: You must train your kids properly and demonstrate how the doors of your home have to be secured. Show them and then ask them to do it in front of you, so that you are sure they know it well. Access to the first aid kit: Only access is not enough; your kid should know how basic first aid should be administered. In case of injuries in your absence, you can at least be sure your child can handle the situation till you hurry home. Make them aware of how the fire alarm works: Create a mock drill and make sure your kids know how the fire alarm beeps in case there is fire. Also, teach them which route to use to escape in case of emergency. Safety in case of pets: Your pets may be very affectionate, but certain things such a pulling their ears or tail or disturbing them while they have their food can annoy them. Teach your kid how to be gentle with pets and keep away from them when they show signs of agitation. Water safety: As much as possible, don’t leave your kids alone when they’re in anything full of water, whether its a bathtub or a pool. But in your absence, make sure your child knows he has not to venture into any water body without any elder person to supervise him. While it’s not possible to avoid all the untoward situations, you can always take precautions to minimise damage caused. Teach your kids the right tips and keep them safe!
Enrolling your kid into a school is a significant milestone in yours as well as your child’s life. Though we know that this is going to happen someday, we’re not quite prepared for it when the day really comes. You were used to having your child around at home, and now he or she will spend more time in school. It’s a transitional phase, and both parents and children have to be prepared for it in a way that both enjoy this new phase which they’re embarking upon. There are a few things which you, as parents need to keep in mind before sending your child to school: Make your child used to stay away from you: It’s school, and your child won’t be sent back home just because he gets all cranky and is unable to adjust to the new surroundings. Try to get your child out of his comfort zone and get him to mingle with children and other people too. This way, he will already get accustomed to adjusting to new surroundings and will have a smooth journey once he enters school. Educate your child about good and bad touch: While no one should encounter this horror, you need to keep your child prepared against all kinds of predators. Make your kid aware about the difference between good and bad touch and also to raise the alarm if something untoward happens. Listen to your child: Once into school, your child will have a lot of things to share. Things he learnt, the little fights he had, the scolding from his teacher, the pats on the back et al. You should give a listening ear to everything your kid says and be patient. Encourage them to recover from their mistakes and not repeat them. Also, praise your child and make sure he knows you are proud of him. You are your child’s role model: If you want your child to sleep early, wake up early and not waste his time on gadgets, you need to start following these things yourself. Your child looks up to you and will follow everything that you do. You may not realise this, but even your small actions have a lot of influence on your child. So if you want him to imbibe a particular habit, you have to inculcate it first. Be prepared to spare time for school activities: You need to know that once your child enters school, there will be a lot of events where your presence is essential. So make sure you spare some time to attend these events, no matter how busy your schedule is. It makes your child feel valued and secured. Teach your child basic manners: No matter how small, every person should be habituated to the usage of the Magic words. Bring it to your child’s notice every time he forgets to use them. Also, give them a proper restroom training and teach them how to ask every time they need to visit the restroom. Make it a point to show your child how to use the handkerchief. And get them used to eat on their own. It’s a roller-coaster journey that your child and you as his parents are setting upon. There will be a lot of ups and downs, but all you have to ensure is that your child has your back in every situation!